We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers are positioned throughout the clinic.
4. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
6. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
7. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
8. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
9. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
10. Record the temperature of every team member each day at the beginning of the work period.
11. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
12. Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
13. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
14. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
15. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
16. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
17. We have conducted an inventory of Personal Protective equipment - Masks, Gloves, lab jackets and face shields to make sure that we have at least 2 weeks of supply all the time.
18. Extra-oral chair side suction devices have been ordered for all providers.
19. We are recommending that only asymptomatic patients, patients who have tested negative for COVID-19 infection or recovered patients ( after 2 weeks since resolution of signs and symptoms) be seen at our office.
20. When a credit card is offered as a means of payment, Credit cards are wiped with disinfecting wipes (Clorox/Lysol) prior to use. Then returned back to patient
21. We are giving away pens to patients when they need one for signing a credit card receipt/ consent forms.
22. Team is asked to come to the office in their non-clinical clothes and shoes. Clinical team changes into scrub in the office. Scrubs and Lab jackets are laundered daily in-office.
23. At the end of the day we are asking the team to immediately shower upon reaching home.